CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

But where were they going...

... without ever knowing the way? Yes, that's a song by 90's one-hit wonder, Fastball. But it started playing in my head today when a co-worker asked me what the marathon route was through San Francisco and I had to admit that I had no freakin' clue. So I looked it up ...


and now I'm even more excited!
We start in Union Square and run down the embarcardero, past Fisherman's Wharf and as we're climbing that first dreaded hill, it's with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. We continue along the bay and then shoot inwards to Golden Park and back out, down "Great Highway", pass the zoo, and then around Lake Merced on our way back to the finish line at Great Highway and Lincoln Blvd. I have a feeling that if nothing else, the amazing views and sites will keep me going through the 26.2....

0 comments: