CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

Just as I was thinking I was indestructible .... it started with a little pain on the lower outside on my left knee cap. But it didn't hurt that bad, so I ran 10 miles on Saturday.

By Tuesday morning, it wasn't really hurting at all ... until I started running, but it went away after the first mile.... So I ran 6 miles with the team as the sun was coming up on Tuesday morning.

I was fine. ... until I stopped running. Then it hurt ... a lot.

I'm ok now - still a tiny bit a pain if I start walking too fast, but I've been icing it, resting it and massaging the muscle as much as I can. And I've learned my lesson ... listen to your body! I had to miss the run this morning which I was really bummed about - they went up to Millerton Lake and I had really been looking forward to that.

This morning at 4, when I got up to take the puppies out, I gave a second of thought to going to training, but I stopped myself... Because if I don't listen to my body now, I won't make it to the finish line on October 19th. And that's the real goal. It's a marathon, not a race ... in the big picture too.

0 comments: